Diagnosis from various patient sample material
Lyme disease is the most common illness transmitted by ticks in the northern hemisphere. It is caused by different species of the so-called Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato complex. Antibiotic therapy has proven to be very effective especially during the early phase of the disease. FluoroType® Borrelia provides rapid and reliable detection of Borrelia spp. directly from synovial fluid, cerebrospinal fluid and blood, thus nothing prevents a prompt start of therapy.
High grade of automation and comprehensible result presentation
Automated isolation of bacterial DNA with GenoXtract® is combined with automated amplification and detection optionally with FluoroCycler® 12 or FluoroCycler® XT. An Internal Control is included in the procedure to ensure successful sample extraction and valid test performance. Subsequent test analysis with the user-friendly FluoroSoftware® gives the result at a glance and easy to interpret.
Your Benefits with FluoroType® Borrelia
- High sensitivity and specificity: The detection of highly conserved DNA sequences allows for the sensitive identification of pathogens belonging to the B. burgdorferi sensu lato complex within only three hours.
- User-friendly procedure: The ready-to-use amplification mix already contains the Taq polymerase. From amplification to result, all steps run fully automated in the FluoroCycler® 12 or FluoroCycler® XT. The subsequent test-specific interpretation of the results is performed by the intuitive FluoroSoftware®.
- Reliable results: An Internal Control documents the correct extraction of DNA as well as the successful amplification, thus guaranteeing a valid test performance.
- Flexible application: Single samples as well as big batches can be analysed efficiently with FluoroType® Borrelia.
- CE-marked: No need for elaborate validation studies.